Conroe, February 19 – The Golden Hammer, Montgomery County’s leading daily newspaper, presents our endorsements for the March 6, 2018, Republican Primary Election.
If you don’t vote in the Republican Primary, which is March 6, 2018, and you live in Montgomery County, then you have disenfranchised yourself. The November General Election will have some democrats on the ballot, but, thanks to the great real estate development work of people such as George Mitchell (The Woodlands), Bruce Belin (April Sound and Bentwater), and Danny Signorelli (Valley Ranch plus others), Republican voters overwhelm democrats in general elections. Therefore, voters must choose their officeholder public servants in the Republican Primary.
Early voting begins tomorrow, February 20, 2018. Here’s the schedule and list of Early Voting Locations:
- Tuesday, February 20, 2018, to Friday, February 23, 2018, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, February 24, 2018, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sunday, February 25, 2018, 12 noon to 5 p.m.
- Monday, February 26, 2018, to Friday, March 2, 2018, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Woodlands Community Center, 2235 Lake Robbins Drive, The Woodlands 77380
- Lee Alworth Building, 207 West Phillips, Conroe 77301
- Magnolia Community Building, 422 Melton Street, Magnolia 77354
- East County Courthouse Annex, 21130 Highway 59 South, New Caney 77357
- North Montgomery County Community Center, 600 Gerald Street, Willis 77378
- Lone Star Community Center, 2500 Lone Star Parkway, Montgomery 77356
- Mitchell Library, 8125 Ashlane Way, The Woodlands 77382.
On Election Day, the polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., but readers will have to vote in their individual voting precinct.
The Golden Hammer’s Endorsements for the Election (in ballot order)
(You may bring this list into the polling booth with you.)
Governor – Greg Abbott
Lieutenant Governor – Dan Patrick
Commissioner of the General Land Office – Jerry Patterson
Railroad Commissioner – Weston Martinez
Judge, Court of Criminal Appeals, Place 8 – Michelle Slaughter
State Representative District 15 – Steve Toth
District Judge, 284th District Court – Kristin Bays
Montgomery County Judge – Mark Keough
Montgomery County District Clerk – Melisa Miller
Mongomery County Clerk – Mark Turnbull
Montgomery County Treasurer – Melanie Pryor Bush
Precinct 2 County Commissioner – Anyone but Charlie Riley
Precinct 4 County Commissioner – Anyone but James Metts
Precinct 3 Justice of the Peace – Matt Beasley
Precinct 4 Justice of the Peace – Ronald Willingham
Precinct Chairman, Precinct No. 35 – John Paul Bouche
Proposition 2 – YES.