Conroe, October 25 – On October 17-18, 2018, Texas Commission on Jail Standards Inspectors completed a two day inspection of all Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office Jail Facilities.
The inspectors found the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office Jail facilities to be in compliance with Texas Jail Standards and authorized the issuance of a Certificate of Compliance from the Texas Commission on Jail Standards. The inspection included our main facility as well as East Montgomery County Jail and South Montgomery County Jail.
The inspections are conducted annually in all Texas Jail facilities to make sure the jails are in compliance with the Local Government Code, Chapter 351 and Texas Minimum Jail Standards. The two day inspection included a review of:
- site security
- facility maintenance and condition
- life safety preparation and performance
- staffing levels
- inmate admission, classification and release
- sanitation and personal hygiene
- medical services and records
- procedures for reporting inmates with mental illness
- examination of records on required jail activities, such as recreation, visitation, and correspondence
- inmate commissary, visitation, and religious practices
- interview with inmates
- Inmate grievance and discipline procedures
Sheriff Rand Henderson said, “Our jail staff work diligently to maintain the safety of those incarcerated as well as the maintenance of the facility. The jail inspector was complimentary of the work done by our employees that resulted in an excellent jail inspection.”