Magnolia, March 7 – Magnolia ISD students competed in the 58th Annual Regional Science Engineering Fair of Houston February 24 -25. Students from 7th grade through 12th grade defended their original science research before a panel of engineers and scientists. Several Magnolia ISD students are advancing to the State Science Fair in San Antonio March 31- April 1, 2017.
- Gillian Culberson from Bear Branch Junior High placed 3rd in junior division in Environmental Science. She also received 1st place in Creative Excellence Award.
- Drew Castleberry from Magnolia High School placed 1st in 9th grade division Physics. Drew also received 1st place Krishen Foundation for Arts and Science.
- Grant Ebel from Magnolia Junior High placed 1st junior division Physics. He also placed 1st in ASM Houston Chapter and 1st place Krishen Foundation for Arts and Science.
- Daniel Renouard from Bear Branch Junior High received 3rd place from Water Environment of Texas and Southeast Texas American Water Works Association.
- Jenna Albert from Magnolia High School placed 2nd in 9th grade division Animal Science. She also received the Jacob Junior Explorer Award and the Sam Houston Area Council Boy Scouts of American Award.
- Josh Denison from Magnolia Junior High received 4th place from the Houston Academy of Medicine.
- Sophia Ebel from Magnolia West High School received 3rd place from the Houston Academy of Medicine.